Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Shekhar Rawat: A photographer with Million dreams!

8:27:00 AM

It is very rightly said, "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them"

Born in Pratapnagar (Pariya) Tehri, this is a story of a professional photographer who has achieved success by his courage after doing a lots of struggle. Lets read his journey of this superstar in his own words:


 

"Coming from the city of gods and goddesses, Rishikesh, my name is Shekhar, a freelance photographer working in the field of fashion and most happily covering beautiful places of Uttarakhand. While I was busy enjoying my last year in school, my unknown dream was taking it's first step in my life. That year, my father brought SLR camera. Excited about using it for the first time, I was giving photography a special place in my life, initially having it as a hobby then a passion and finally taking it as my profession. 


Journey becomes worth remembering when it is full of obstacles and you are ready to face them. I had my own share of them but with a pahadi heart and a true rajput spirit , I moved forward not only to achieve success but to gain experience. Everything doesn't move according to your will, likewise, I had disappointments from my father's side. Being a mediocre, I was not ready to fulfil my father's dream of seeing me as an engineer, which led to arguments and no conversation periods between me and my father. Bringing a little peace between us, I did my graduation in business administration from IMS, Dehradun. But as they say, destiny has its own sides to show. One day, as my friend's brother was going through my collection of photographs, insisted me to take part in Rishikesh Photography Competition organized by InRishikesh LocL search engine. Having one of the best moments of life, I surprisingly stood first in it. 
I started working on various events, including events of Nishchay band which helped me in learning various things. Impressed with my work, they made me their team's media head.
Milestones are to be crossed in order to gain success. To work in a better way, I needed a DSLR, which only could be bought by my father. He disapproved but my elder brother, sacrificing his need of having a laptop, bought me my first DSLR.


I started working with it, trying to learn every bit from each person I met. That year, I won Uttarakhand Photography Championship. I got a chance to work with various adventure companies and event companies. My work featured in a well-known adventure journal 'Outdoor Journal' in 2014. Since my photography days, I've been official photographer of Uttarakhand's biggest biking group 'Wanderers'.
I've gained experience in covering various concerts including of Bohemia and Neha Kakkar, have also got a chance to work with such a beautiful soul, Dia Mirza, while she was shooting for 'Ganga-The Soul of India'.
Having achieved and met such talented people, I decided to visit my roots, the true beauty of Uttarakhand 'Gaumukh', who knew it'll make my work feature in National Geographic Traveller Magazine. Thankfully after being appreciated by the people around me, finally I received the appreciation I needed the most, i.e., from my dad. This is the thing about parents, they just want our best whether in their way or ours'. I can happily say that now I'm having my own production house, making documentaries and song's videos."



 
.
.

Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

4 comments:

 

© 2013 The Garhwal Diary. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism | Blogger Templates

Back To Top