Monday, October 31, 2016

Pankaj Sati- An Interview - Journey from Garhwal to Bollywood

6:57:00 AM

From the “Beauty of Uttrakhand”  Garhwal, we  try put on forward the Garhwalis and their fames.

Moving forward we, the team TGD are here presenting the interview of one of the budding artist of garhwal, Pankaj Sati  who is doing good not only hindi music, YouTube, but also in Garhwali folk songs.

So, Here are some questions and answers taken by Our Team-




Que- Basically where are you from?
Ans- I am from Simli gaon, Chamoli. But my family is settled in Dehradun.

Que- You are from a Garhwali family where the environment prefers job, so did you face the same?
Ans- Of course, most of the Garhwali families are job oriented and there is not any thing like music, dance, artist and all. But there is not also any dictatorship that we’ve to do that particular thing but yes there is a slight more impact. My father and uncle was in army, my brother was in defence ministry, Delhi. So I was also supposed to join army.

Que- Did you feel any restriction from your family towards your music?
Ans- I was not from a musical background but it was my hobby. My mother used to sing bhajans and my elder brother was a Vyas, so there were no restrictions.

Que- What about family support?
Ans- I lost my mother when I was 14 and lost my father when I was 19 so all the support I got was from my brothers, they were always there for me.

Que- How your journey started for singing?
Ans- My journey had many turns and I took time to realize what I actually want to do in life. I completed my intermediate from PCM. Then I did a 3D animation course, a specialization in VFX and composition. I had a good work experience in that. I worked for  Door Darshan, E-TV, Airtel, Hero Honda. There, I got the golden chance to work with Prasoon Joshi. Along with my studio job, I tried to learn classical music but due to lack of time I couldn’t. 

After working in this field for 3 years I realized that this is not my passion. Then I started a radio and video production house at D. Dun. I recorded Banjara revisited and uploaded it to YouTube. It got positive response from Mumbai, Canada, etc. Then, I started taking music seriously. We did shows for Z Media, Club Mahindra. I have done upto 150 shows. I also recorded scratch for Ram Sampath, Bhanu Pratap and Bhajans. Then I met Sandeep Nath and he suggested me to work in Mumbai. 

With a 3 year partnership, I handed over the company to my partner. It was 2 years ago that I decided to go for music completely.

I did shows in Allahabad, Delhi, Chandigarh and Jabalpur. Again a turning point of my life was waiting for me. I got a call for a show in Dubai and I had to perform with popular Garhwali artists Meena Rana and Kishan Mahipal.

The show was a hit!! Along with hindi songs for my satisfaction and happiness I am working and experimenting on Garhwali songs also. I have a choir in Dehradun, we are 15-17 singers and always ready to do some creative. 

Que- What you think of Garhwali music?
Ans- After being a part of pahadi music, I came to know that it has that potential that it deserves great heights which it didn’t get due to low publicity. But it really deserve better. I am working on it along with my professional singing.

Que- What about your bollywood carreer?
Ans- I hope for a new work soon, and working for private albums. A show of mine is on 6th of November. Au’re is my club mix Garhwali experiment which has 5000+ views.

Now time for a rapid fire:

Que- Is there anything without which you can’t live?
Ans- Music, family, food, Dehradun and inspirational books.

Que- Five artists or songs in your recently played list.
Ans- Arijit Singh, K.K, Javed Bashir, Gulam Ali, Moh. Rafi.

Que- If you were not a singer.
Ans- Definitely artist(painter).

Que- How you describe your music?
Ans- Fusion, romantic, soulful and sensible music.

Que- Where you see yourself 5 years from now?
Ans- In bollywood as an independent arist.

To listen the music from Pankaj Sati, catch him on  Youtube ,Facebook and Twitter !

That's all from our Team TGD, Keep following us on Facebook, Instagram, and twitter. And please get connected with us.

Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013 The Garhwal Diary. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism | Blogger Templates

Back To Top